Sunday, March 20, 2011

Missed Opportunities

I watched a woman sitting in a corner, not saying a word, yet seeing so many emotions go across her face… but because of fear I didn’t ask her what it was.

I sat across from a friend who told me how lost and lonely she was, and how much she trusted me… but I didn’t take the time to ask how I could help.

I was asked to pray… but because my words sound so childlike and are deeply personal I didn’t.

I can stand in front of a crowd of virtual strangers and do the silliest of things, but when it has meaning, when it has purpose… I worry what they might think.

I am such a coward. I’m so worried that I’ll look like a fool… that I do foolish things.

Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear: I will help you.

Perhaps coward isn’t the right word… unbelieving… that hits closer to the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment